As many may know, equipment failures at the Island Park hydroelectric plant have caused substantial fluctuations in flow downstream of Island Park Dam on at least nine different occasions since late November 2014. After a great deal of discussion and consideration, HFF has sent a letter to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) to express our grave concern over these flow disruptions. We have discussed our letter with Fall River Rural Electric Cooperative (FRRE). While we are very concerned about flows and ramping-rate violations at Island Park Dam, we are committed to continuing to work with FRRE to benefit the fishery and our communities, respectively.
More information can be found in the letter HFF has sent to FERC. This document is part of the public record and can be found on FERC’s web site by following the instructions below.
You can also view the letter on our website here.
Instructions to access FERC’s website:
- Click “Advanced Search”
- Under “Docket” section, type “P-2973” in the first “Docket” box.
- Under “Library” section, select the “Hydro” check box.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click “Submit”
- HFF’s letter is currently the top result, labeled “Submittal 20160615-5107” with Description “The Henry’s Fork Foundation Response to the 6/3/2016 letter from FERC regarding violations at P-2973”
- Click either “PDF” or “FERC Generated PDF” to view the letter.